Nutritious


He's not your typical DJ. In fact, he's more of a musical entrepreneur. Viewing the world with holistic eyes, a soulful heart and maintaining a 'classic DJ ideology', Nutritious cooks up what can only be the hottest dance floor mixes east side of Manhattan. High Times coined him a musical healer and Sample UK believe he's one of the most "interesting and exciting DJs at the moment". Beyond the turntables he holds an A-list back catalogue of film scores, as well as co-authoring a wellness book and making headway for performance art in conjunction with live audience experiences. 


Is there a particular music artist that nourishes your soul?

I like you, nice question. Yes. So many, I could go for days. For the sake of putting some out there, here’s a few that come to mind: Sofi Helborg, Marvin Gaye, Charles Wright, Sly Stone, Sia.

What are you working on at the moment? We know that you’ve just released your annual mix and that you host a weekly radio show, Gratitude. Tell us a little more about what's ahead of you?

Wow...there are pages of 'To Do's'. I’m working out of three studios at the moment and doing a ton of original writing. Remixes have been submitted to a few labels pending release. So, suffice to say, new music is on the way. Zoe Wilder and I just launched a fresh Kickstarter campaign for this awesome music, art and performance tour we’re collaborating on. I really dig how crowdfunding is changing the record industry. And, after a few years of lining up the administrative details, our record label division of SpinSpinSpinNYC is here and we’re signing fresh new talent (wink wink). I have a Friday night residency at the Ace Hotel New York and of course we’ll be throwing Brooklyn Shakedown Wednesdays in Williamsburg. Toss some solo tour stops in there as well.

Which type of artists normally make the cut for your annual remixes?

The playlists are there. I’m a fan of giving the producers love. I definitely want people to know that I’m not playing favorites. I dig for music that impresses me - that’s it.

You have travelled the world in search of new artists and music to inspire your own sound. Which was the most rewarding destination for you?

My backyard, Brooklyn. I’m a slow harvest kinda guy and I’m seeing lots of sprouts in the neighborhood. With the weekly party and record label we're working with the freshest talent in the neighborhood and it’s crazy fun.

You’re a bit of an entrepreneur too, having co-authored a best-selling wellness book and produced scores for feature films. Does coming from a holistic background help ground you when you’re in demand?

Yeah 100%! I’m all about it. And the busier I am, the more present holism becomes. Seeing things from a holistic perspective helps me feel and accept the flow. There are a lot of incredible energies and a mashing of frequencies, personalities, odd sleep schedules - you name it. We are all beings of light...gotta keep it shiny.

On an average Saturday night you can be found at...

Events, performing or saying hello, the studio. 

Famous last words...

(Blank).

  • MTD
  • +